Translate

Friday, June 10, 2011

Outdoor Movie Operators Feel the Heat - Really!

So if the economy isn't so hot, the weather sure is! The Northeast, Mid-Atlantic and Southeast have been suffering through record heat.

Outdoor movie operators have definitely lost a few pounds sweating through their load-ins!  During load-in for the first Screen on the Green, the temps stayed pretty steady at 103 degrees. I want to show my respect to our crews, and to all those who work their butts off in this heat on a regular basis. Paul and Susan Murray, our partners at Southern Outdoor Cinema, Nick Toutoungi at Twilight Features, and Joe and Barbara Williams at Blue Moon Cinemas in Texas. Hey, I know I didn't mention everyone... but those in the heat belt that do this regularly... they are my heroes.

You don't need me to tell you to stay hydrated (if you don't you pass out).

If you are a customer of an outdoor movie operator, show your appreciation by paying your vendor fairly and handing them cold water!

Stay cool!!

Bob Deutsch
Outdoor Movies

No comments:

Post a Comment